Monday, May 31, 2010

Can An Orange Produce More Phlegm

2 - Eye, and Madness

I apologize for the delay of two days, but I had commitments. I hope you enjoy the chapter and I promise to try, now that the holidays arrive, to increase production. :)

2 - Eye, Figure and Folly

The camp was hard and uncomfortable, no pillow, and there was only a sheet to cover the green, although there were yes and no ten degrees. In the House there was room for twenty people. There were twenty beds distributed evenly throughout the circular room, twenty green sheets all identical to each other; twenty bulbs placed perpendicular to the beds, one for each bed. Everything was done with maniacal precision. At the same time, all objects in the room were clean and brand new, no patches to the sheets, no stains on the walls, only the lights had suffered some damage at the start and those that worked emitting strange cries monotonous. Kitt had wrapped his brother in a sheet now asleep in his arms. Sitting against the wall, looking for a comfortable position for himself and Bit, but it offered little bed. Artificial Gravity had taken, although the take-off was not perfect and fortunately did not have to wear suits. In the end everything went well, although he knew that Kitt would be even worse to have arrived. He looked to his left and saw a man put on a side, which stirred a restless sleep. Even his light did not work. On the right hand to a woman holding what looked like a long five year old girl. Both were crying. Their light flashed, producing a flat sound. Everything was so disturbing, though the walls white, spotless to the contrary. At the center of the room a glass case cylindrical, placed between two steel columns of the same shape, throbbing with its own light. The core of the light was as large as a golf ball around him and created countless forms of light, as if this could manipulate it. The light, however, did not exceed the shrine, oddly enough, and gave no room to enlightenment. Kitt began to stare, mesmerized by the essence so bizarre, but not really knowing what it was.

His mind began to wander as well, ferried from the ether of the cylinder and a tear sparkled on the face. He hastened to drive them away and to the back of his free hand and looked away from the cylinder. He turned his eyes

the white floor and tried not to cry, though the tears continued to ply their cheeks. He thought of his mother, who had left him full of responsibility and alone. Hopelessly alone. He was almost shaking when something touched my arm. Kitt turned left and next to her bed dipanò a figure in the shadows. Started, and mechanically moved to the other end of the bed.

"Hey, hey. Calm. Do not do anything, "he uttered a man's voice.

The man was placed in a fetal position, wearing a purple sweatshirt and had the cap pulled down over his head so as to hide his face. His arms wrapped around his legs and wide sleeves covered his hands.

What unbalanced! What do you want from me?! He thought ... Kitt without moving from his position.

"No. I'm not a fool, Kitt, here are some things to keep you informed. " At these words Kitt was paralyzed and he wondered if maybe he had not thought out loud.

M-I have read my mind?! And how do you know my name? he thought.

"Yes I have read my mind and I know your name but that's not the point then first of all I remind you not to scream, or we will expel " he went on to say the figure without turning his gaze to Kitt.

"We e-eject?" Kitt said then, looking around.

"Yes. It means that you just throw it out and let you rot in outer space. I guess you will not want to end this, then you stop and listen. We do not have much time. You know what's that? "Asked pointing to the cylindrical glass case.

Kitt was always calmer, almost the person beside him infondesse trust. "No," he said.

"It's energy. Pure energy. For five years have started studies on this material and now we can control the power. It is alien "

" C-what? "Said Kitt dismay.

"Aliena. But it did not come from space. From another universe. And that's the cause of all disasters' Land

Kitt was totally stunned the information that the man was giving him and started to sweat. "Why do you say that? Why me? "She whispered.

"I understand. The point is: if you steal the most precious thing you own what would you do? "

" C-meaning? "

" Answer "

" Well ... I do not know ... I would go to take it "

" Here. That is the most precious thing for aliens, "concluded by indicating again the shrine.

No! Enough! He thought Kitt. Impossible. All nonsense! Aliens, other dimensions: the fantasies of a madman, nothing more. He wondered how he could believe those stories if only for a second. Had not read the thought, just a coincidence! He could not afford to think of those inventions at a time so tragic. It was idiotic. He had to think about his brother, his mother had they not given. He had just one year, and already had to suffer so much.

And as everyone said in the new earth there would be no problem: the perfect Earth, the human utopia come true. Yes, that was his goal! No aliens, no disaster: it was their prize after so many efforts and sacrifices, their chance to reform. He shook

mind those stories, as when, after a dream start to focus on reality and realize that the dream was just a dream, or incubation was just a nightmare.

She forced herself to keep our feet on the ground, to ignore the crowds at his side and begin to think about what to do. He inspected the room as if he could still return to reality and looked at each bed.

a thought in mind sparkled when he looked at all tables. They were all taken. Had not been able to pick up the man. They had been categorical with her mother, because this man was able to climb? Anger seized him and boundless rage ran in his veins.

"How did you go?" He hissed, tears of anger surfaced in his eyes. This time, looked at him, turning toward him.

"No. Not like you think, not here in reality. I'm just a projection of my mind. " Still insisted on staying hidden under that cap.

"How do you want to believe these things?." People around here startled at hearing the words of Kitt.

"You want to expel you! Shut up. "

"I told you to tell me how you get to fate"

"And I told you that I am not really here!"

"Enough."

The fist flashed Kitt, against the figure by the bed. Suddenly, the body atrophies Kitt and his muscles were no longer.

The man had turned toward him, but he could see Kitt only two pupils dense purple. Dismay, he remained silent.

"Relax and calm down, I'm sorry for your mother, but you can not so easily lose your chance to live. Anyone in here do not care about you. " The man was panting as if he had sustained a superhuman effort.

Kitt loosened the tension of his body and turned away, trying to hold back the tears. This time the man had hit the mark. He knew too, were not coincidences, although Kitt strongly wished they were. She looked about her brother who was sleeping and was afraid. Fear of not succeeding.

"I know it's hard, but you have to do it" The man was returned to its original position.

Kitt, on hearing that "you", he felt anger mounted again. It was not a superhero! That was not a science fiction novel was his life! Because they wanted to take it away?

"I suppose you would have reacted that way, but I also know that you are very determined. Do not be afraid of me, I admit it's hard, but try it please. For humanity '

Still this "save the world! thought.

possible that the man did not understand? He had no superpowers, he had no special skills. It was a stupid boy of twelve years trying to save himself and his brother from certain death, and that there was already succeeding much.

And who assured him that that figure was telling the truth? Who really wants his property and that of all humanity ? He could not rely on the first fool that heralded the arrival of the aliens. No one with a minimum of sense would have ever done.

"I understand what they really think and believe that I would think the same, but, please, give it a go '

That ability to read minds at Kitt got on the nerves, that she felt stripped of all privacy. It was all so strange, so out of place, so crazy. Would love to run away.

"If you still do not believe me then take my hand," spoke, holding out his right hand.

The palm of the hand was covered a tattoo of an eye. Round and disturbing, fixed Kitt who, struck by a sudden revulsion, the man walked away.

0 comments:

Post a Comment